“IVA” is short for “imposta sul valore aggiunto” meaning value added tax (VAT).

If you wish to reside in Italy as a freelancer or a sole proprietor and to practice an independent activity or profession (such as an independent artist, consultant, author, etc.) you will have to invoice your clients for the service you provide and for that you will need a ‘Partita IVA’.

How to apply?

Applying for a Partita IVA can sometimes be quite a complicated process if you are a foreigner who may not understand the rules, laws and quite possibly the language. At Studio MG, we are here to help expats and foreigners to build their life and businesses in Italy. To apply for your P.IVA you can contact us and we will handle the entire process for you.

To apply for a Partita IVA you will need documents such as your Permesso di Soggiorno (permit of stay), passport or Carta d'Identita and your Codice Fiscale (fiscal code). Before applying you must find out from the Agenzia delle Entrate the code for your type of business activity. Your code is very important because it determines the amount of tax you will pay in the end. Once you have all this information, Studio MG can register you for your own Partita IVA.

But registering is not the final step! After registering for a Partita IVA the individual applying will have 30 days to apply for a business license which in turn will then help set the individual up with the other offices (INPS, INAIL, etc.)

The final step is to hire a Commercialista or accountant such as we at Studio MG are. The commercialista will help you pay your tax on time, with the correct amount and act as a liaison on your behalf to deal with financial and legal issues of your business.

Want to know about Partita IVA? Click here (https://www.studiomg.eu/en/contatti/) to book an appointment or
call us at +39 02 83660811 !